Mike and I are at home resting. Yesterday was pretty crazy as we woke up at 4 am and got to the Seattle office at 5:30 am. They took Mike back first while I waited in the waiting room. His procedure took about an hour and half and then they took me back while he was recovering to get me ready. Apparently, our case is a rare one where both husband and wife go back-to-back into surgery. Our anesthesiologist told me it was not very common. My parents were supposed to be there at 9:00 am but they ended up getting there about 10:45 am because of traffic. Save that for another story.
Mike's doctor was able to retrieve some sperm out of Michael and when I woke up they told me they had gotten 32 eggs out of me. They also made sure to tell me to watch for symptoms of ovarian hyperstimulation since if I get it, it can delay the implantation date.
We just got an update about 2 hours ago that 20 out of my 32 eggs were mature and that they were able to fertilize 11 of them. Tomorrow they will give me another update on the fertilized eggs progress Hopefully, a lot will survive and we will be strong enough to make it back into my body.
We are both still in a lot of pain but luckily Mike has the rest of the week off and Alyssa is having a blast with her Aunt Jill.
No comments:
Post a Comment