Tuesday, August 25, 2015

OB Ultrasound

Just got back from my OB Ultrasound. I could see the heartbeat. Everything is measuring right on schedule at 7 weeks and the heartbeat is strong at 133 hbpm. Seems a bit surreal. Just all the pain, stress and emotions getting to this point. I have been cautiously optimistic trying to not get my hopes up, but I couldn't help but smile as I was looking at that fast-beating tiny heart today. Oh, if only you knew how difficult this journey has been little one. I realize I have a long ways to go, but today I am happy.

They also took measurements of my ovaries since they are still very large. My left ovary seems to be shrinking a tad but my right one is still measuring the same as previous weeks. They want to take measurements again in a few weeks but there is really nothing that can be done. It will just take lots of time before my ovaries go back to their regular size. Which sadly means no exercise for me and having to be careful doing pretty much everything it seems.

Good news on my thyroid level. My TSH level is at 1.55 which is great so I will continue the same dosage.

3 comments:

Randy and Tasha said...

Yay for heartbeats!

Chelsi Ritter said...

Such great news for both of you!! Glad you are happy 😊

Unknown said...

Oh woman, I am so thrilled for you. I just checked your blog randomly and had no idea that you were pregnant. Tears of Joy. I understand the fears of not getting your hopes up. It is hard to imagine a baby for me and I'm already 5 months. 4 months to go and still hurdles to cross. My faith is growing and I'm learning to just be grateful for the ride. Love you cousin!