Saturday, October 25, 2008

5K Komen Race for the Cure

I finished!! Mike and I are proud that I finished my first ever 5K. I wanted to finish under 30 minutes and I did. My time was 28:26 with a pace of 9:17. It was pretty cold in the morning so one second before I started I threw my coat to Mike. He was wondering if I was going to warm up or do something before I ran but I just jumped around.

There were tons of women running this race. One chick broadsided me in the beginning and about took me down. Then, later in the race I was trailing this girl and she came to a dead stop right in front of me. I about plowed her. Then there was this poor little girl crying in the middle of the race. Sheesh!



Here's me after the race. I know, my face wasn't even red. Check out my wristband. That was for wiping my nose. Mike was my awesome supporter. He met me at the 1.5 mile mark and whistled.

Then at the end, you should have seen me sprinting to the finish line. I didn't know I had it in me but I put on my "Hearts on Fire" song, thought of Rocky training to whip up on the Russian, and I simply ran my guts out. I was passing girls left and right. I looked to my right and Mike was sprinting with me just outside the ribbons. He's my hero. And right before the end, I was indeed able to do my dance and I cracked the whole crowd up. Unfortunately, Mike did not have the camera. We'll have it next time for sure. Overall, it was a blast! It made me want to run more. And next time actually TRAIN so I can get a better time.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I knew you would do it under 30 minutes. You're awesome spester! I can totally see you dancing at the end and I wish I could have seen it in person cause I would have been laughing hysterically. And I can totally see Mike running making sure you were okay. Too funny! Good job

Sarah and Dan said...

Way to go! Mike is hilarious! Okay, you're kinda funny too....

Kylee said...

Way to go!!! I can't believe a big mammoth plowed you over!!! So funny!!!

Kimm said...

Congrats...see you did finish!! Glad you enjoyed...when your next one!!

Brandon and Amber said...

You're awesome! Love that you listened to Rocky music to pump you up at then end!